It’s my birthday. There, I said it. And I’m not even ashamed to tell you how old I am (31), although my mom might wish that I hadn’t. And although, obviously, I’m getting older, I feel a bit like I’m getting younger this year.
I’m not really one for New Year’s resolutions, but birthday resolutions seem like a better approach. Another year of me… what will I do with it?
Here are a few things that are on my list:
- Keep discovering my purpose and living it every day.
- Take the time I need for self care and inner reflection, every day. And do a better job of listening to my inner teacher.
- Step off the ledge into something new and exciting, and know that the universe will catch me. (So I guess I’ve already started with that one… I couldn’t have timed my big transition better.)
- Plan less, live more.
And a brief interlude for a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson (courtesy of Tiny Buddha): “Most of the shadows of life are caused by standing in our own sunshine.”
- Teach yoga to kids.
- Breath some more.
- Raise $20,000 for sustainable relief efforts in Haiti and travel there next year to put words into action.
- Connect more with my community, those I know and those I don’t. Meet new people, every day.
So there you have it. Just a few small items to start with for my new year. It’s not surprising, though, that most of the things on this list make me feel younger just thinking about them. That’s the great thing about birthdays – you can take what you need from them. And this year, I need to know that the sky’s the limit.
Here’s to big dreams, new adventures, and starting right now.